Every DVD has its own webpage. On the left column, below the cover, you can see the price and a link "Order". If there is more than one language version available, then there is more than one "Order" link.
If you click on "Order", you are going to the Cart page and the DVD has been added to the list. You can continue to navigate on the website, the order will be saved.
When you want to check out, click on the "Pay" button. You will have to enter the email, the address and then you can choose one payment option: Credit card or postcard.
This depends on three criteria:
- The video standard: The DVD can either be PAL or NTSC. Quite all DVD players in Europe play both PAL and NTSC. In North America, low-end players play only NTSC, the high-end players can play PAL and transcode it to NTSC.
- The region code. A DVD with region code 0 can be played everywhere. If the region code is 1 or 2, the player must be from the same region or code-free.
- The manufacturing: Replicated DVD5 and DVD9 can be played on all players. Most players and all computers play also DVD-R, but sometimes there may be compatibility problems.
For each DVD title, the three criteria are listed on the left column.
B&H Photo Video has several multizone DVD players in their catalogue, which can play all DVDs and cost between 69 and 129 USD (Avayon DXP-1000, Panasonic DVD-S29M, Sony DVP-NS50PSE, Pionneer DVD-383S).
For each title, we list the language versions and the subtitles on the left column.
Offer limited on stock.
|Number of DVD||Switzerland||Europe||World|
|1||3 CHF||9 CHF||11 CHF|
|2||4 CHF||13 CHF||17 CHF|
|3||5 CHF||17 CHF||23 CHF|
|4||6 CHF||21 CHF||29 CHF|
|5||7 CHF||25 CHF||35 CHF|
|6||7 CHF||29 CHF||41 CHF|
|7||7 CHF||33 CHF||47 CHF|
|8+||7 CHF||37 CHF||53 CHF|
Special editions, boxes and books may count for more than one DVD. The shipping cost is listed on the order list.
The DVDs are shipped same day or the next working day with swiss post as priority letters. The post office does not give us a tracking number.
Our clients report the shipping time to us as feedback. You can see the reported results in the Reported Shipping Statistiks table.
The swiss post indicates the following shipping durations:
- Australia: 4-5 working days
- Austria: 2-3 working days
- Brazil: 3-6 working days
- Belgium: 2-3 working days
- Canada: 3-7 working days
- France: 2-3 working days
- Germany: 2-3 working days
- Ireland: 2-3 working days
- India: 4-8 working days
- Italy: 2-4 working days
- Netherlands: 2-3 working days
- Spain: 2-3 working days
- Switzerland: 1 working day
- Turkey: 3-5 working days
- United Kingdom: 2-3 working days
- USA: 3-7 Werktage
Working days are monday till friday.
Shipping time to France, Italy and Germany is not very reliable.
For Switzerland, the VAT is included. For other countries, we export only. Import taxes and VAT are charged to the costumer directly.
No. All DVD are sold for private use only. Contact us on conditions for non private use.
If you are in North America, check first if the region code and the video system of the DVD does match your player.
If the player has been made before 2003, it is possible that it is not compatible with some new DVD. In this case, it will just refuse the DVD you insert.
If the player accepts the DVD, but the picture is not stable, you view many pixels or the film stops, there are multiple possible reasons:
- The DVD is defective. This happens normally only with DVD-R or when you can see visible scratches on the disc. In this case it makes sense to replace the DVD.
- Replicating error. This happens some times. The problem with this error is that new players hav very effective error correction and the problem ist not detected in production. We have problems to report these kind of problems to the distributors because often they do not want to believe us for a long moment. Replacing the DVD makes no sense, as the entire series is the same error
- Authoring errors (temporary high bit rate or bad disc partitioning). Also here, new players can cope with this problem by using cache and error correction. The replacement makes no sense
We have to say that the compatibility of DVDs with players is sometimes a question of chance.